Kent Steele, CRE, MAI, FRICS
Kent Steele has over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate appraisal, market analysis, counseling, and expert testimony. Mr. Steele has completed appraisal assignments throughout the U.S., with in-depth experience in the West, Southwest, Midwest, Southeast, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.
- Assignments have included the appraisal of investment-grade office, apartment, industrial, hotel, retail, land and special-purpose properties for a variety of clients, including commercial and investment banks, pension funds, conduits, attorneys, investors, and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- Special assignments have included client counseling activities, market segmentation and feasibility analyses, highest and best use analyses, litigation support, and expert testimony. Additionally, Mr. Steele has published an article on highest and best use analysis in the Appraisal Journal and several articles on the self-storage industry in the RERC Real Estate Report, and has given presentations at numerous professional seminars on a variety of topics.
- Interesting projects completed include an appraisal and valuation of three partial interests for an office property in Chicago, the Eagle Ridge golf resort in Galena, Ill.; railroad corridors in northern Illinois, residential condo conversions of numerous properties throughout the country; adaptive reuse assignments for a variety of properties throughout the U.S.; data centers in the Pacific Northwest; resort hotels in Florida; a major corn and ethanol processing plant with power cogeneration station in Iowa; a LEED Platinum cold storage facility with a wind turbine; and historically-significant office buildings in downtown Chicago, Washington, D.C. and Detroit.
Prior to starting National Realty Counselors, Inc. in 2006, he had been affiliated with RERC since 1999. With RERC, Mr. Steele served as Managing Director of the Suburban Chicago office. He also served as a senior appraiser at GMAC Commercial Mortgage and Urban Real Estate Research in Chicago. Previous affiliations have been with Real Property Advisors in Hinsdale, Ill., Kushman Associates in Naples, Fla., and Charles M. Merkle & Associates in Landover, Md.
University of Wisconsin - M.A., public policy and administration, 1986, with an emphasis in urban
and regional planning and real estate
University of Wisconsin - B.A., political science and geography double major, 1984
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- The Counselors of Real Estate, CRE designation
- Appraisal Institute - MAI designation
- Fellow Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Georgia and Florida.
- Director, Chicago Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
- Member of the National Association of Realtors